Wednesday, December 2, 2009

4 Month Appointment

Today I had my routine 4 month appointment at the birth center. I got to hear the heartbeat again, which is always amazing. The little peanut was so active moving all around when the midwife was using the Doppler to hear the heartbeat. It was very comical! The midwife made the comment that "it must be a boy because of how much it is moving around." That will make John happy. Everything looked great, except for my calorie intake. I have gained only 2 pounds so far. The midwife asked me to tell her exactly what I ate yesterday. After hearing what I ate, she said I need to eat approximately 1000 more calories per day than I have been doing! She said especially because I have been working out (which has been such a wonderful thing for my energy level), that I need to take in no less than 2500 calories per day. She said if I eat every 2 hours that should help, and snack on items like peanut butter and crackers, cheese and crackers, hummus and pita bread, whole milk (yuck!), and nuts. I drove straight from my appointment to McDonalds and had a cheese burger and fries for lunch, which I NEVER EVER do. It was very good though!

We are chomping at the bit to find out the sex, which we do exactly 3 weeks from today. Cant' wait to refer to this baby finally as a he or she!!!

About a week and a half ago, we decided it was time to put up the crib and transform the old office into the nursery. We had a great time with this. We moved the "office" stuff upstairs and transformed that room more into a den/office than a guest room. We took down my old bed that was upstairs and bought a Aero bed for the 1 time a year that we actually get guests. So far we have accumulated the following for the baby which now sits in the nursery:
  • Crib (thanks Kate and Todd)
  • Glider chair
  • Swing
  • a few packs of diapers
  • a couple of unisex outfits from Tiffany's girlfriends
  • Duck slippers (that my mom and Tommy purchased for Kalei, Mason, and Alex, so I had to have a pair for our baby too!)
  • Pack and Play (thanks Katie & Todd)
  • Baby bath (Thanks Katie & Todd)
  • Walker (Thanks Katie & Todd)

I have been feeling pretty good the last few weeks. Very little to complain about here. My new absolute favorite pregnant item is leggings. These puppies have been lifesavers!!! They are stretchy, so they fit me perfectly (not too small like my regular pants are now, but not too big like most maternity pants are). I have been wearing them pretty much every day. I have a little pain when sneezing or standing up too fast, which I am told is caused by Round Ligament Pain down in my uterus and is completely normal. Still am sleeping well. I HATE taking my vitamins. Every. Single. Time. I take them, I gag. Yuck. That must be a pregnancy induced thing. John has asked very nicely that I don't take them in front of him, or he too may gag.

Geneva and Brice found out that they are having a girl! This will be the first girl great granddaughter in our family (4th child born, and all others are boys).

Next update-a new belly pic next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment