Saturday, March 27, 2010

32 Week Belly Pic/8 Month Check-up

Well, 32 weeks down and 8 to go. I am still feeling ok, but I have to admit that this large belly of mine is starting to catch up with me. I am definitely not as comfortable as I have been. Back and foot aches are worsening, reflux is still there, and my overall energy level seems to have been slowly diminishing. That being said, I do still have really great days, where nothing hurts much, and I feel like my old self with a regular energy level. My guess is that this will be sort of the way things go over the next 8 weeks.

My 32 week check-up was pretty un-exciting. I did however meet with another midwife in the group names Sky. Loved her! I would be so ok with her delivering Peyton. She is younger, and 28 weeks pregnant herself. She measured my belly, which was measuring average, and she checked Peyton's heartbeat, which was in the 130's and healthy. She told me she thinks Peyton's bum has now moved to my right side, with her feet on my left side. I can't decide if I agree with that or not. Her head is still down. I asked Sky about what their policy is on induction if I go past 40 weeks. Up until this conversation, I had decided in my head that I did NOT want to be induced at all unless there was a medical condition that warranted it. Sky explained to me that if i go to 41 weeks, we will then most likely schedule an induction date. She explained the reason for this is that at 42 weeks, the chance of the baby being born stillborn goes up, and at 43 weeks it goes even further up. Sky said that the Placenta stops working as efficiently, which is the reason for this. I had never had that explained to me, and was really glad I asked the question. I am obviously completely on board with an induction date at 41 weeks now if I make it that far.

Next week we will be starting our birthing classes with Penny, which I am super excited about, and John not so much. I think he will like it though once we are there and learning all about labor and birth. We'll have these every Wednesday night until my due date (if we make it that long!).

I have also scheduled a hospital tour in a few weeks for us to look at the birthing suites, parking, the nursery, etc. at the hospital.




No comments:

Post a Comment